cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Schema-First Development with CXF
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 13:42:42 GMT
Hi Daniel,

Sorry for the delay with these changes. It turns out I need to fix something
else inside CXF to make this work correctly yet. I added some basic support
for it to though to today's SVN. Since I'm on a cellular connection, I can't
publish a snapshot now, but I think another CXF dev probably will today.
Then you'll be able to do something like:

<jaxws:endpoint>
<jaxws:schemaLocations>
  <jaxws:schemaLocation>/foo/bar.xsd</jaxws:schemaLocation>
</jaxws:schemaLocations>
</jaxws:endpoint>

The curent issue with the code is that CXF will parse the schemas with a
library called XmlSchema and it doesn't preserve things like formatting or
documentation. I'll be fixing this later tonight though (hopefully I'll be
able to get it done tonight).

Thanks for your patience and testing! I'll keep an on eye on the snapshots
and let you know when one is published.

- Dan

On 7/4/07, Daniel Pike <danpike02@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Sounds great, I will keep an eye out for it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Daniel.
>
> On 7/5/07, Dan Diephouse <dan@envoisolutions.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Daniel,
> > I think I might have overlooked configuration of this in the JAXB
> > databinding. Its just a few lines of code for me to change though. I
> think
> > can probably push out a snapshot this week with the change if you want
> > try it. Then it'll get in our 2.0.1 release. Sound good?
> > - Dan
> >
> > On 7/4/07, Daniel Pike <danpike02@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am currently looking at migrating our existing XFire web service
> > across
> > > CXF.  We have used schema-first development to develop this web
> service
> > > and
> > > are hoping to do the same with CXF
> > >
> > > The problem that I am having is that I cannot find a way to specify
> the
> > > location of the XSD files when configuring the app using spring.  I
> > > noticed
> > > that the ServiceInfo class has a method called addSchema but this does
> > not
> > > appear to be called in the code in a way that would allow me to
> specify
> > > the
> > > schema.
> > >
> > > Is schema first-development supported in CXF?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Daniel.
> > >

> > --
> > Dan Diephouse