cxf-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Isikoff <jisik...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Returning Generic Lists Properly Typed?
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2007 23:32:32 GMT
Yeah I had already tried something like that, but it doesnt seem to work for me.  Did the dev
team say if returning generic Lists was supposed to work like it does in xfire? Would it work
better as an array or a collection?  Maybe you changed something else at the same time that
fixed the problem?  When I add the annotation for the class that is the "Item" in the List
it just starts returning nothing I think because a Item != List<Item> but I'm not really
sure.

----- Original Message ----
From: Brad Harper <bradharper@gmail.com>
To: cxf-user@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2007 3:11:06 PM
Subject: Re: Returning Generic Lists Properly Typed?

Jeremy, I had the same issue until I annotated my interface methods like
this:

@WebMethod(operationName = "getAllProducts")
    @ResponseWrapper(targetNamespace = "
http://catalogService.service.gdservices.com<http://catalogservice.service.gdservices.com/>";,

            className = "com.gdservices.service.thirdparty.ProductSummary")
    @WebResult(targetNamespace = "http://catalogService.service.gdservices.com
<http://catalogservice.service.gdservices.com/>";,
            name = "products")
    List<ProductSummary> getAllProducts(Long userId, Integer detailLevel)
throws ServiceException;

Although this works, the CXF dev team told me this was an incorrect usage of
the annotations and they weren't sure how it worked.  I'd be interested to
see if it works for you too.

-bh

http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/