cxf-users mailing list archives

From Brad O'Hearne <br...@neurofire.com>
Subject Re: Need to eliminate use of SOAP for Http-REST
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 04:13:01 GMT
Actually, I don't know (yet) if it is fixed. It may be a new problem, or
may be linked to the same thing, but I'll mention in another post here
in a moment, this RESTful configuration crashes with the introduction of
a method on my service with a return type of "Collection", and it not
only crashes that method, but it appears all methods on the service.

I'll be describing this further in another post.

Brad

Liu, Jervis wrote:
> Opps, just saw that long discussion, glad to see the problem has fixed (or will be fixed
:-)).

> Cheers,
> Jervis

or using JAX-WS Dispatch/Provider API. JAX-WS Dispatch/Provider approach is just using JAX-WS
API, so it is SOAP/HTTP based (but you can also configure it to use XML binding instead).
CXF HTTP binding maps operations from URI or HTTP verbs,  the input parameters can be extracted
from URL or Http payload using different content types such as POX or JSON, it definitely
does not need SOAP in this case.  I can not tell which approach you are using from the code
snippet you have enclosed, I will need your com.nextrials.kilter.service.user.UserService
class. But it seems that you are using JAX-WS Dispatch/Provider approach otherwise you wont
get back an error message wrapped with SOAP Envelope.