cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sergey.beryoz...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 vs CXF
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 17:42:57 GMT
I'm not sure ODE has to do anything with CXF ...It's a WS-BPEL impl. What it does is kind of
orthogonal to what CXF is about, isn't it ? CXF can help one to write a service among other
things but how to implement the service is orthogonal, BPEL-based service implementation is
just one possible option really and it seems well above CXF or Axis2.

Thanks, Sergey

P.S. Sorry, had to remove your PS as the spam filter was rejecting my reply.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dan Connelly
  To: cxf-user@incubator.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 5:39 PM
  Subject: Re: Axis2 vs CXF

  My advice:  Pick your ESB wisely (first).

  The important comparison checklist to look at would be the spec-off between WSO2, ServiceMix
and (maybe) Mule.

  WSO2 uses Axis2, Synapse and Ode.

  SerivceMix uses CXF.   (What the equivalent for Ode for CXF?)

  Mule ??.

  There is some discussion of this currently at http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=46044

         -- Dan Connelly

Registered Number: 171387