cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Matczynski" <...@alum.mit.edu>
Subject WS-I Compliance / SOAP Messages
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:56:05 GMT
I have a test environment where a CXF client communicates with a CXF server,
both generated from a wsdl using the wsdl2java utility.  With a direct
connection the client is able to  function properly, but when I insert a
WS-I monitor between the client and server, messages sent from the client
appear to be stopped by the WS-I monitor on their way to the server.

Using tcpmon, I've discovered suspicious text (a few extra characters,
perhaps a checksum?) that appears before and after every request sent by the
client.  I've loaded up the wsdl in SOAP UI and am able to successfully
communicate with the server.  Here is a comparison of the two outgoing
requests:

=== Request message produced from a client using CXF's wsdl2java ===

POST /FileCrawlerService HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost:12000
Accept: text/html, image/gif, image/jpeg, *; q=.2, */*; q=.2
Connection: keep-alive
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

f6
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soap:Body><ns2:startCrawl
xmlns:ns2=" http://endeca.com/itl/file
"><crawlId><id>test</id></crawlId><crawlMode>FULL_CRAWL</crawlMode></ns2:startCrawl></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>
0

=== Same request sent from SOAP UI ====

POST /FileCrawlerService HTTP/1.1

xmlns:file=" http://endeca.com/itl/file">
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <file:startCrawl>
         <crawlId>
            <id>foobar</id>
         </crawlId>
         <!--Optional:-->
         <crawlMode>?</crawlMode>
      </file:startCrawl>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

=== ===

Any idea what could be going on?  Has CXF been tested for WS-I compliance?

Thanks!
Mike

--
Michael Matczynski