cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Liu, Jervis" <j...@iona.com>
Subject RE: session management / serialization
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:07:37 GMT
Hi Jan, can you be more specific on what you are trying to do on the client side please? If
you are using a JAX-WS client, following code should work:

            QName serviceName = new QName("http://apache.org/handler_test", "HandlerTestService");
            QName portName = new QName("http://apache.org/handler_test", "SoapPort");
            URL wsdl = HandlerInvocationTest.class.getResource("/wsdl/handler_test.wsdl");
            HandlerTestService service = new HandlerTestService(wsdl, serviceName);
            HandlerTest handlerTest = service.getPort(portName, HandlerTest.class);
            ((BindingProvider)handlerTest).getRequestContext().put(BindingProvider.SESSION_MAINTAIN_PROPERTY,
 true);

            List<String> resp = handlerTest.ping();

Cheers,
Jervis

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Kriesten [mailto:jan.kriesten@renitence.de]
Sent: 2007?6?28? 16 :52
To: cxf-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: session management / serialization

Hi Willem,

> Can you tell me if you are trying to call the service which is deploied
> into the web container ?
> And if you can show us you test case to reproduce it , we will solve the
> issue soon.

actually, the problem with the JaxWsProxyFactoryBean not being serializable
happens on the client side, not within the service.

I've deployed the CXFServlet in a web container (resin 3.1.1 - which doesn't yet
support @Resource WebServiceContext, but that's not your problem ;-)).

My problem is, that when I generate a proxy per user-session on the client side,
the proxy doesn't get serialized into the session-space and on getting back to
it, I get a NPE.

It might be really the only fault-tolerant way to submit the session-id with
every request...

Best regards, --- Jan.

Registered Number: 171387