cxf-users mailing list archives

From Dan Connelly <daniel.s.conne...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Skipping some layers in the interceptor chain
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2007 07:14:58 GMT
Richard:

I have been thinking of using the SourceDataBinding for a similar use
case.     Have you tried that?   Does it avoid the inefficiency?

I have not tried this myself yet, so I raise it out of curiosity.
Please post your experience.

(Can I assume that you are integrating CXF with Orbeon since you are
active on that list as well?)

       -- Dan Connelly

Shaw, Richard A wrote:
> I have the following requirement and was wondering whether anybody could tell me if it
is possible -

> 1 - I have an XML string which represents the logical message for a request
> 2 - I want to use this to make a request on an appropriate service
> 3 - I want to catch the reply at the XML level without creating a java object
> 4 - transform the reply using a XSL stylesheet to be the logical message of another service
> 5 - send the logical message to the final service
>
> This is for a generic data fetch. It requests data from a SOA component, transforms the
data into a set message, which is sent to my datastore component. I don't want to write a
new component for every type of data source that I want to fetch data from.

> I have implemented the above using the original Celtix code, but it has the following
inefficiencies -

> 1 - I load the XML from my config. unmarshal it into an object and then use that to call
my service which will marshal as its first step
> 3 - the response is unmarshalled into a java object so I then marshal it back to an XML
stream to pass to the XSLT transformer
> 5 - I unmarshal the transformed XML into a java object and use that to call my data storage
service

> Thanks
>
> Richard Shaw
>
> ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
>
> Richard Shaw
> Technical Design Authority - Information Solutions Consultancy
> Intelligent Transport Systems
>
> Atkins Highways and Transportation
> Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 5BW
>
> Tel: +44 (0) 1372 756407
> Fax: +44 (0) 1372 740055
> Mob: 07740 817586
> E-mail: richard.shaw@atkinsglobal.com
>
> www.atkinsglobal.com/its
>

> This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are
not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless
otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally
binding.

> The ultimate parent company of the Atkins Group is WS Atkins plc.  Registered in England
No. 1885586.  Registered Office Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5BW.