cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Steven E. Harris" <...@panix.com>
Subject Re: Client dependency on Jetty
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 16:20:19 GMT
"Steven E. Harris" <seh@panix.com> writes:

> I just tested this again against the latest snapshots, and the Jetty
> dependency is no longer required.

Wait, I'm wrong. I had edited the wrong POM. My client still fails if
I remove the cxf-rt-transports-http-jetty dependency. Here is my
intended dependency set:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
      <artifactId>cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws</artifactId>
      <scope>runtime</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
      <artifactId>cxf-rt-transports-http</artifactId>
      <scope>runtime</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
      <artifactId>cxf-rt-bindings-soap</artifactId>
      <scope>runtime</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
      <artifactId>cxf-rt-ws-addr</artifactId>
      <scope>runtime</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
      <artifactId>cxf-rt-ws-policy</artifactId>
      <scope>runtime</scope>
    </dependency>

When I run the client with these dependencies, I see the following
error:

,----
was found for the namepsace http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http.
| 	at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:142)
| 	at $Proxy38.myService(Unknown Source)
| 	at my.service.CXFClient.main(CXFClient.java:72)
| 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
| 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
| 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
| 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
| 	at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:90)
| Caused by: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: No conduit initiator was found for the namepsace
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http.
| 	at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.AbstractConduitSelector.getSelectedConduit(AbstractConduitSelector.java:89)
| 	at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.UpfrontConduitSelector.prepare(UpfrontConduitSelector.java:62)
| 	at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.prepareConduitSelector(ClientImpl.java:393)
| 	at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:227)
| 	at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:181)
| 	at org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy.invokeSync(ClientProxy.java:73)
| 	at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:124)
| 	... 8 more
| Caused by: org.apache.cxf.BusException: No conduit initiator was found for the namepsace
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http.
| 	at org.apache.cxf.transport.ConduitInitiatorManagerImpl.getConduitInitiator(ConduitInitiatorManagerImpl.java:96)
| 	at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.AbstractConduitSelector.getSelectedConduit(AbstractConduitSelector.java:70)
| 	... 14 more
`----

I'm not sure if it matters, but I have an entry in my cxf.xml file
defining a jaxws:client with id "{service namespace}port name" and the
"createdFromAPI" attribute set to "true".

Adding the Jetty dependency back in eliminates the problem.

--
Steven E. Harris