cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Steven E. Harris" <...@panix.com>
Subject Re: Why does a JAX-WS client use the WSDL at run time?
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 01:42:21 GMT
Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> writes:

> This is part of the JAX-WS spec.   You can override the URL that a client
> uses by setting the BindingProvider.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_URL property on the
> request context:
>
> ((BindingProvider)port).getRequestContext().put(
>     BindingProvider.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERY,
>     "http://foo.com/blah");

I found a similar recipe on one of Sun's blogger's sites last night,
and I'm still thinking, "Are they serious?" There's a cast, a method
call to get a map of strings, and, as some icing, a manifest constant
to designate which string means "target address".

I'm sure it works, but it's crying out for some convenience wrappers
to hide this "map of strings" underbelly. Is the problem that some
ports don't have meaningful addresses? What else precludes exposing

  port.setTargetAddress(URI)

or similar?

--
Steven E. Harris