cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Shaw, Richard A" <richard.s...@atkinsglobal.com>
Subject client for rest
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 13:22:05 GMT
Is it possible to create a wsdl file which describes a legacy REST service so that I can auto
generate code from it to create my clients in the same way I would do with a SOAP/HTTP wsdl
file.

The following URLs returns a list of public transport services -

http://www.travelineeastanglia.co.uk/scripts/triplanner.dll?getroutelist&format=3&modes=2

http://www.travelineeastanglia.co.uk/scripts/triplanner.dll?getroutelist&format=3&modes=8

2 are rail routes, 8 are ferry routes

NOTE: Please use the above URLs sparingly - they are part of a live service - thanks.

I have an xsd that describes the responses that I can get. Being legacy it uses a null namespace,
but that another issue.

I want to auto generate code so that I can do the following -

private static int XML_FORMAT = 3;
private static int RAIL = 2;
private static int FERRY = 8;

response = triplannerService.getroutelist(XML_FORMAT, RAIL);

I'm assuming the benefit of CXF is that I can define anything using WSDL as long as there
are the appropriate bindings and transports available. This then means that my developers
can easily create client code for any legacy service as long as 'some clever person' has created
the WSDL file.

Richard Shaw

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not
the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise
expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.

The ultimate parent company of the Atkins Group is WS Atkins plc.  Registered in England No.
1885586.  Registered Office Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5BW.