cxf-users mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <ning.ji...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Use CXFServlet programmatically (moving from XFire to CXF)
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 05:34:12 GMT
Hi Fabian,

There is a Jetty transport factory which responsible is to handle the
http transport with the embedded Jetty in CXF, we call the service which
is published by that way,  a standalone server.
We also support to publish the service with CXFServlet transport. It is
much like the Xfire Servlet dose.
You definitely can start a Jetty HTTPServer and register the CXFServlet
to it then publish the service with JAXWS API or JaxWsServerFactoryBean.
But most important thing you need to take care is the bus instance, it
is newer to Xfire user. You can find more information about the CXF bus
from [1].
I also found there some error in the document [2], I will fix soon.

I just changed some of you below codes and ran with latest CXF trunk, it
works.
You can access the service with http://localhost:9000/services/GreeterImpl
You also can get the services list form http://localhost:9000/services

         Server httpServer = new Server(9000);
        ContextHandlerCollection contexts = new ContextHandlerCollection();
        httpServer.setHandler(contexts);

        Context root = new Context(contexts,"/services",Context.SESSIONS);
        CXFServlet servlet = new CXFServlet();
        root.addServlet(new ServletHolder(servlet), "/*");

        httpServer.start();
        // set the default bus which is initiated for CXFServlet  for
jaxws API or JaxWsServerFactoryBean to use
        Bus bus = servlet.getBus();
        // there is no bus definition in the JAXWS API, so we need to
set the default bus.
        BusFactory.setDefaultBus(bus);

        // register service, the address should start with "/"
        String uri = "/" + GreeterImpl.class.getSimpleName();

        Endpoint endpoint = Endpoint.create(new GreeterImpl());
        endpoint.publish(uri);

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/cxf-architecture.html
[2] http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/servlet-transport.html

Cheers,