cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Steven E. Harris" <...@panix.com>
Subject SOAP action header
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 01:05:56 GMT
My CXF client is using SOAP 1.2 over HTTP. I have specified a SOAP
action in my WSDL for my one bound operation. This action value is
getting sent as follows:

,----
| POST /my/service/location HTTP/1.1
`----

I would expect the SOAP 1.2 treatment of the action parameter to be
adjoined to the Content-Type header, like this:

,----
| POST /my/service/location HTTP/1.1
`----

That's how AXIS2 does it, anyway, and it matches my reading of the
SOAP 1.2 specification, Part 2, Adjuncts┬╣:

,----[ Section 6.5.2 SOAP Action Description ]
| Many SOAP 1.2 underlying protocol bindings will likely utilize the
| "application/soap+xml" media type (described in A. The
| application/soap+xml Media Type) to transmit XML serializations of
| SOAP messages. The media type specifies an optional action parameter,
| which can be used to optimize dispatch or routing, among other things.
`----

Does CXF's use of the "action" header in the first example above
conform to SOAP 1.2?

Footnotes:
┬╣ http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-part2/#ActionFeature

--