cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Moesel" <Christopher_Moe...@avid.com>
Subject RE: Defining an Endpoint for Standalone AND Webapp Use
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:09:03 GMT
UPDATE:  I've found that if I leave the "address" attribute out of the
jaxws:endpoint configuration, it then defaults to sensible values (from
the wsdl binding?) for both standalone and CXFServlet deployments.

Which leads to a question:

Is there a way to make the standalone deployment be portable?  Right
now, it looks like the hostname is hardcoded in the wsdl or config file.
If I choose localhost, then the soap:address in the wsdl is indeed
"localhost".  If I choose a real servername, however, then if I run it
from a different server, I need to modify the config/wsdl myself.  The
CXFServlet, on the other hand, dynamically changes the soap:address
based on the incoming request URI for the WSDL...

-Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Moesel [mailto:Christopher_Moesel@avid.com]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 11:20 AM
To: cxf-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Defining an Endpoint for Standalone AND Webapp Use

Hello All,

I would like my CXF service to be able to run standalone or within a web
container, depending on the environment...  I am using Spring to do my
configuring.  My problem is this:

In the <jaxws:endpoint> config tag, the "address" attribute means
different things depending on how the service is deployed:

- In a standalone deployment, it wants the full address with protocol
  Ex. address=http://localhost:8080/MyService/services/MyService1

- Using CXFServlet, it wants the address relative to the servlet mapping
  Ex. (with servlet mapping to /services/*) address="/MyService1"

This isn't a super huge big deal, but it looks like I'm going to need to
create a separate config file for each deployment type, and they'll only
differ in the "address" attribute.  Is there another way?

-Chris