cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Moesel" <Christopher_Moe...@avid.com>
Subject RE: Accessing Message Context, HttpServletRequest, and HttpServletResponse
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:19:41 GMT
Good point, Fred.  I've added the following snippet to the end of the
section:

"Of course, it is always a good idea to program defensively if using
transport-specific entities like the HttpServletRequest and
HttpServletResponse. If the transport were changed (for instance to the
JMS transport), then these values would likely be null."

-Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Dushin [mailto:fred@dushin.net]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 12:11 PM
To: cxf-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Accessing Message Context, HttpServletRequest, and
HttpServletResponse

Just bear in mind that this is fragile, and servants should be coded
defensively for the case in which this information is not available.
(E.g., due to underlying changes in the transport implementation, or
an administrative modification that changes the transport type, all
together)

That being said, the idea that all information about the request
context is available is laudable, and CXF should be commended for
it.  You never know when an application is going to need information
about what's really going on under the hood, and in a managed
language like Java, it's pretty senseless to throw this information
away.

-Fred