cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Service Versioning Strategies
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 14:59:22 GMT
No.  Stepping away from CXF - there is no BEST versioning strategy in my
mind. Only various bad ones :-)

Some various things I've come up with are:
- Namespace versioning: Create a new schema namespace and new set of DTOs
for each new version
- Unified Domain Objects: In this scenario you try to map all the different
versions of your XML data to one set of domain objects. Easier said then
done... JiBX has some limited support for this, but not enough IMO to really
be able to do it.
- Deployment versioning: Run multiple versions of your application at the
same time and give each new version a new URL
- XSLT transformations

There are many sub categories, but I tend to stick to Namespace versioning
as its relatively straightforward to do, although maintenance can be a pain.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions