cxf-users mailing list archives

From James Mao <james....@iona.com>
Subject Re: JAX-WS Handler Support
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2006 12:31:00 GMT
Hi Bharath,

By default
> Hi
>
> The issue has been logged at the bug database.
>
> Please check https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-336
>
> Also https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-335

Thanks

> I could also see the java2wsdl tool is buggy for a number of cases.
> For exampple I have a POJO annotated with JSR 181 annotations to be
> exposed as a WS.
>
> import javax.jws.*;
>
> @WebService
> public class Calculator
> {
>     public int add (int a, int b) throws AddException{
>         if(a<0 || b<0){
>             throw new AddException("No negetive please");
>         }
>         return a+b;
>     }
> }
>
> When I run the java2wsdl tool by providing the above class, I get the
> following error.
>
> Error : Can not load the request wrapper class
> com.pramati.rs.ws.jaxws.Add,  please check the @Reque
> stWrapper annotation and see if the class is in your classpath
>
> The @RequestWrapper annotation is not mandatory. The container could
> have well used RPC/Literal.

By default java2wsdl assume that the class is in DOC-LIT-WRAPPER style,
that's why you will get the error message. maybe we can improve this by
adding more suggestion/hits in the error message.

> Later when I annotated the Service with @SOAPBinding(style=
> SOAPBinding.Style.RPC, use= SOAPBinding.Use.LITERAL) , the problem I
> faced was:

Right, this is the correct way when you want to generate the RPC-LIT style

> Error : com.pramati.rs.ws.AddException.getFaultInfo()

Do you have the AddException class in your classpath, i guess the
problem is java2wsdl is tring to load the exception class, but it can
not find it in the classpath.
My suggestion is check if the exception class is in your classpath, and
try again.
If still not work, then turn the verbose on by "-v" or "-verbose". and
then send the exception to this mail list or add the exception message
into the corresponding jira issue.

> Is this a known issue?

No, this is the first time i see the issue ;)

BTW, you can find tons of excellent tutorial/documentation from
http://www.iona.com/products/celtix/

Enjoy!
James.