cxf-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Daniel Kulp (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Moved] (CXFXJC-7) cxf-xjc-dv generates code that cannot be compiled
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2014 13:56:25 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXFXJC-7?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Daniel Kulp moved CXF-5824 to CXFXJC-7:
---------------------------------------

    Estimated Complexity:   (was: Unknown)
       Affects Version/s:     (was: 3.0.0)
                          3.0.0
                     Key: CXFXJC-7  (was: CXF-5824)
                 Project: CXF XJC Utils  (was: CXF)

> cxf-xjc-dv generates code that cannot be compiled
> -------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CXFXJC-7
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXFXJC-7
>             Project: CXF XJC Utils
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 3.0.0
>            Reporter: Kosta Krauth
>
> After updating to CXF 3.0.0 I noticed compile errors in classes generated from XSDs using
wsdl2java with cxf-xjc-dv plugin.
> The problematic piece of generated code showed up in a couple of places and looked like
this:
> {code}
> protected List<ExternalItem> redemptions = new List<ExternalItem>();
> {code}
> Resulting in "Cannot instantiate the type List" error. The type list in this case was
not a custom class but the standard java collections interface java.util.List.
> My setup is (roughly) as follows:
> *Schema definition*
> {code}
> <s:element name="itemRedemption">
>     <s:complexType>
>       <s:sequence>
>         <s:element name="userId" type="s:string" />
>         <s:element name="redemptions" maxOccurs="unbounded" type="tns:externalItem"
/>
>       </s:sequence>
>     </s:complexType>
>   </s:element>
>   
>   <s:complexType name="externalItem">
>     <s:sequence>
>       <s:element minOccurs="0" name="redemptionNumber" type="s:string" />
>     </s:sequence>
>   </s:complexType>
> {code}
> *Maven config*
> {code}
> ...
>   <properties>
>     <cxf.version>3.0.0</cxf.version>
>   </properties>
> ...
> <plugin>
>         <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
>         <artifactId>cxf-codegen-plugin</artifactId>
>         <version>${cxf.version}</version>
>         <configuration>
>           <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
>           <wsdlRoot>${basedir}/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/wsdl</wsdlRoot>
>           <includes>
>             <include>*Service.wsdl</include>
>           </includes>
>           <defaultOptions>
>             <bareMethods />
>             <extraargs>
>               <extraarg>-xjc-b,${basedir}/src/main/resources/jaxb-bindings.xml</extraarg>
>               <extraarg>-xjc-Xdv</extraarg> <!-- Activates plugin for
default value support -->
>               <extraarg>-xjc-Xbgi</extraarg> <!-- Creates both get/is
methods for booleans -->
>             </extraargs>
>           </defaultOptions>
>         </configuration>
>         <executions>
>           <execution>
>             <id>generate-sources</id>
>             <phase>generate-sources</phase>
>             <goals>
>               <goal>wsdl2java</goal>
>             </goals>
>           </execution>
>         </executions>
>         <dependencies>
>           <dependency>
>             <groupId>org.apache.cxf.xjcplugins</groupId>
>             <artifactId>cxf-xjc-dv</artifactId>
>             <version>${cxf.version}</version>
>           </dependency>
>           <dependency>
>             <groupId>org.apache.cxf.xjcplugins</groupId>
>             <artifactId>cxf-xjc-boolean</artifactId>
>             <version>${cxf.version}</version>
>           </dependency>
>         </dependencies>
>       </plugin>
> {code}
> If I change the version of cxf-xjc-dv to 2.7.0, this problem does not happen.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.2#6252)

Mime
View raw message