cxf-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "clint dovholuk (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Created] (CXF-5694) Parameters from WADL in alphabetic order
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 14:02:15 GMT
clint dovholuk created CXF-5694:
-----------------------------------

             Summary: Parameters from WADL in alphabetic order
                 Key: CXF-5694
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-5694
             Project: CXF
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: JAX-RS
    Affects Versions: 2.7.10
         Environment: linux (fedora 20) and windows 7, java 7 u51
            Reporter: clint dovholuk
            Priority: Minor


We have a wadl that we export from cxf 2.7.10 and we turn around and consume the wadl we produce
to provide a client jar (which also uses cxf 2.7.10)

The snippet of wadl we have is here:

    <resource path="/id/{id}/a/id/{aId}">
      <param name="id" style="template" type="xs:string" />
      <param name="aId" style="template" type="xs:string" />
      <method name="DELETE" id="remove">
        <request />
        <response>
          <representation mediaType="application/xml" element="prefix1:SomeClassToReturn"
/>
          <representation mediaType="application/json" />
        </response>
      </method>
    </resource>

However this generates client code where the "id" and "aId" are out of order like this:
    @DELETE
    @Produces({"application/xml", "application/json" })
    @Path("/id/{id}/a/id/{aId}")
    SomeClassToReturn remove(@PathParam("aId") String aId, @PathParam("id") String id);

For kicks we renamed "aId" to "zId" and low and behold we now get (notice the parameter zId
at the end now):
    SomeClassToReturn remove(@PathParam("id") String id, @PathParam("zId") String zId);

I also found this nabble post as well (though this is for wsdl vs wadl) http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/Ordering-of-wsdl-method-parameters-changed-for-java-first-services-td5736502.html
it seems to be indicating the same issue but I didn't see it come to conclusion and I couldn't
find any more threads.

I have filed this bug per Sergey's request



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.2#6252)

Mime
View raw message