cxf-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Aki Yoshida (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (CXF-4920) TransformationInInterceptor fails when XML contains same namespace with different prefixes
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 09:17:15 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-4920?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13615054#comment-13615054
] 

Aki Yoshida commented on CXF-4920:
----------------------------------

Hi Piotr,
I added a stricter namespace binding check that made this problem visible.
I also added your DelegatingNamespaceContext's test case. But I fixed the problem differently
as other changes were needed in InTransformReader to make all the existing tests work with
this stricter namespace binding check.

The change is in trunk and 2.7.x. I will be integrating it to the lower versions later.
If you could test it for your case, that would be great.

regards, aki
                
> TransformationInInterceptor fails when XML contains same namespace with different prefixes
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CXF-4920
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-4920
>             Project: CXF
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Core
>    Affects Versions: 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7.3, 2.8.0
>         Environment: FuseESB 4.4.1-07-11 on SLES
>            Reporter: Piotr Klimczak
>            Assignee: Aki Yoshida
>            Priority: Critical
>              Labels: core, failed, interceptors, missing, namespace, prefix, transform
>         Attachments: CXF4920.diff, CXF4920-v2.5.X.diff, CXF4920-v2.6.X.diff
>
>
> TransformationInInterceptor fails when XML contains same namespace with different prefixes.
> So for example this will fail:
> {code}
> <wireTransfer xmlns:q1="http://bar.com/foo" xsi:type="q1:SwiftWireTransfer">
> ...
> </wireTransfer>
> <wireTransfer xmlns:q2="http://bar.com/foo" xsi:type="q2:SwiftWireTransfer">
> ...
> </wireTransfer>
> {code}
> as for "q2:SwiftWireTransfer" the prefix q2 would be never found due to internal cache
strategy.
> So the above bug blocks usage of such kind of XML message.
> Of cource using different prefixes for same namespaces is not a good practice, but when
there is a need to "talk" with external vendor software (as in my situation) there might be
no chance to fix it on second side.
> I have this already fixed.
> Will apply patch in few moments.
> Greetings,
> Piotr Klimczak

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Mime
View raw message