cxf-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Markus Umefjord (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (CXF-2937) character encoding in cxf-codegen is wrong
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 20:52:23 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-2937?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13286035#comment-13286035
] 

Markus Umefjord commented on CXF-2937:
--------------------------------------

This fix works for me (also had problems with Swedish characters in comments in the UTF-8
encoded WSDLs). I appreciate the fix, thanks!!

Just tested latest snapshot (5/30/12) with 

<pluginRepositories>
                <pluginRepository>
                    <id>apache-snapshots</id>
                    <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots</url>
                    <snapshots>
                        <enabled>true</enabled>
                    </snapshots>
                </pluginRepository>
            </pluginRepositories>

...

            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
                <artifactId>cxf-codegen-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.6.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
                ...
            <plugin>


...

        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.sun.xml.bind</groupId>
            <artifactId>jaxb1-impl</artifactId>
            <version>2.2.5.1</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.sun.xml.bind</groupId>
            <artifactId>jaxb-xjc</artifactId>
            <version>2.2.5-2</version>
        </dependency>


                
> character encoding in cxf-codegen is wrong
> ------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CXF-2937
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-2937
>             Project: CXF
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Tooling
>    Affects Versions: 2.2.9
>         Environment: windows, sun java 6
>            Reporter: Martin Goldhahn
>            Assignee: Daniel Kulp
>             Fix For: 2.5.4, 2.6.1
>
>
> We develop on linux and Windows concurrently. Therefor we choose to use UTF-8 as source
encoding. We also set the property project.build.sourceEncoding in maven to utf-8.
> Further we have a utf-8 encoded WSDL with some comments in Norwegian (containing letters
like åæø). On Windows the generated code contains these characters as ISO-8859-1 even though
I set -Dfile.encoding=utf-8 on the maven command line.
> A workaround is to set the property project.build.sourceEncoding in a maven profile and
activate it by OS.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

       

Mime
View raw message