cxf-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jens Lauterbach (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (CXF-3449) cxf-codegen-plugin produces wrong code for wsdl elements with nillable="true"
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 05:45:06 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-3449?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Jens Lauterbach updated CXF-3449:
---------------------------------

    Attachment: codegenbug.zip

Includes a test maven project and a soapui project with a mockup service endpoint.

> cxf-codegen-plugin produces wrong code for wsdl elements with nillable="true"
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CXF-3449
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-3449
>             Project: CXF
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Core, JAXB Databinding
>    Affects Versions: 2.3.3
>         Environment: Windows 7 Service Pack 1
> Java JDK 1.60_22
> Maven 3.01
> cxf-codegen-plugin 2.3.3
>            Reporter: Jens Lauterbach
>         Attachments: codegenbug.zip
>
>
> I think I found a bug in the code generation used/made by CXF. I discovered it while
using the *cxf-codegen-plugin* for Maven. The bug is related to WSDL elements that use the
attribute "nillable" set to "true". I made a little example which I'll attach to this bug
report. In the example there is a complexType "Message":
> {code}
> <xsd:complexType name="Message">
>   <xsd:sequence>
>     <xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="body" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
>   </xsd:sequence>
> </xsd:complexType>
> {code}
> Using this complexType the resulting xml output looks like this:
> {code}
> <?xml version="1.0" ?>
> <S:Envelope xmlns:S="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
>   <S:Body>
>     <ns2:SendMessage xmlns:ns2="http://www.example.org/codegenbug/">
>       <message>
>         <ns2:codegenbug>New Message</ns2:codegenbug>
>       </message>
>     </ns2:SendMessage>
>   </S:Body>
> </S:Envelope>
> {code}
> (FYI: _codegenbug_ is the name of the webservice)
> If you change the body element in the complexType "Message" to:
> {code}<xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="body" type="xsd:string"/>{code}
> you get the correct xml output:
> {code}
> <?xml version="1.0" ?>
> <S:Envelope xmlns:S="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
>   <S:Body>
>     <ns2:SendMessage xmlns:ns2="http://www.example.org/codegenbug/">
>       <message>
>         <body>New Message</body>
>       </message>
>     </ns2:SendMessage>
>   </S:Body>
> </S:Envelope>
> {code}
> As you can see in the above example, without *nillable=true* the xml output (or message)
is generated correct.
> To test this I created a Maven Project with a test wsdl and a junit test. To have a look
at the xml output I run the query through tcpmon. You can download tcpmon here: 
> http://ws.apache.org/commons/tcpmon/download.cgi
> In the WSDL I set the endpoint to "http://127.0.0.1:10000". So you need to make tcpmon
listen on port "10000". The target endpoint is "127.0.0.1" and port "8088". To quickly create
a mockup endpoint I used soapUI. You can download soupUI here:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/soapui/files/soapui/3.6.1/
> I attached the soupUI project to the ticket.
> After you set up everything you can run "mvn clean test". You should get a build failure.
But this is ok. There should be a soap message in tcpmon. In this soap message you can see
the faulty xml message.
> Attached Maven Project and soapUI project: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7404204/codegenbug.zip

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Mime
View raw message