cxf-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Daniel Kulp (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (CXF-2752) Regression - CXF Client Spring Context Fails
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 15:13:50 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-2752?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12855431#action_12855431
] 

Daniel Kulp commented on CXF-2752:
----------------------------------


Josh,

Adding woodstox back in kind of hides the problem.   It really should work with other stax
parsers as well.   I've removed woodstox for our samples as well, but still couldn't reproduce
it.  If I could get a reproducible test case that I could debug with the other parsers, we
can probably fix it and not require woodstox.

That said, using woodstox is still a good idea.  Woodstox is a LOT faster than the parser
built into the JDK.

 

> Regression - CXF Client Spring Context Fails
> --------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CXF-2752
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-2752
>             Project: CXF
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: JAX-RS, JAX-WS Runtime
>    Affects Versions: 2.2.7
>            Reporter: Josh Cummings
>
> In upgrading to 2.2.7, we found that our cxf client's spring configuration would fail
on startup with a NAMESPACE_ERR thrown from the writer.
> To reproduce, we simply include the following snippet in our client application context:
> <bean id="client" factory-bean="clientFactory" factory-method="create" lazy-init="false"/>
> 	
> <bean id="clientFactory" class="org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientFactoryBean" lazy-init="false">
> 	<property name="address" value="http://localhost:8180"/>
> 	<property name="serviceClass" value="org.my.project.MyService"/>
> </bean>
> It will fail when it tries to load cxf.xml using the ControlledValidationXmlBeanDefinitionReader.
> It appears to occur because the namespace attributes are handed off by W3CDomStreamWriter.writeAttribute
with a namespaceURI of null instead of their actual namespace.  It seems that either that
method isn't the right place to handle namespace attributes, meaning changing something upstream,
or that there is a bug in it.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message