cxf-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Brent Moore (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] Commented: (CXF-1497) Supplied WSDL soap:address not being updated with actual host name when queried.
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 19:03:25 GMT


Brent Moore commented on CXF-1497:


Thanks for the information.  I'm still not getting this to work after working through the
information above (to the best of my understanding).  Here are some specific comments/results
to the issues you have raised:

1)  Added "/services/*" as the context path for the servlet.  No difference in the result.

2)  a. We are not using a file named cxf-servlet.xml  - it is named servletContext.xml in
the classes directory so the Spring contextloaderlistener will pick it up along with a series
of spring context fragments embedded in our manager jars.  We are taking advantage of the
contextloader's classpath wildcard feature to do this.  But in looking at the cxf documentation
[3] this should not be a problem.
    b.  url-pattern is not a valid attribute on a jaxws:endpoint element.   The reference
on the note #4 at [1] looks more like a metro configuration file than a cxf one - see [4]
for the docs I used in creating servletContext.xml.  

3) a. Changed the wsdlLocation to "WEB-INF/wsdl/EchoService.wsdl" - no difference.  Also removed
the annotation attribute wsdlLocation in the implementation class - no difference.  Of course,
removing both will give me the generated wsdl with the correct location.  
  b.  wsdl= is not valid in the CXF context file - see [4].  I did try it just for kicks but
the app would not deploy.

After doing the above I switched back to a cxf-servlet.xml file using an example from [5].
 No change.  I had to use the following bean definition for the service to deploy:
          wsdlLocation="../wsdl/EchoService.wsdl" >

With a wsdlLocation of "WEB-INF/wsdl/EchoService.wsdl" the service would not deploy - it was
looking in a non-existent directory in the file system for the wsdl.  I also tried an address
with the host name in it (see example in [3]) but that returns the "no service was found"
message on wsdl query.

I am not sure where to go next.  I am attaching the maven project that built the war.


Thanks for your help.


> Supplied WSDL soap:address not being updated with actual host name when queried.
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: CXF-1497
>                 URL:
>             Project: CXF
>          Issue Type: Test
>            Reporter: Brent Moore
>         Attachments:,

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

View raw message