cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 10 years of CXF - Happy Birthday!
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2018 01:03:12 GMT
Happy Birthday!

While working on the board report, I noticed the 10 year thing and started looking back at
the last 10 years.   I put some thoughts on my blog:  http://www.dankulp.com/blog/2018/04/10-years-of-apache-cxf/

Some additional thoughts:

* The original board resolution had a PMC of 20 folks.   Of those 20, 6 are still actively
participating in the project either by code changes or release reviews or similar.   For an
open source project where people are expected to come and go, that’s awesome.   We’ve
obviously picked up a lot of new folks along the way, so there is both an element of “new”
and bit of the “old”.   (I admit, I’m one of the “old”)

* According to the reporter tool, we have done 210 releases.   8 were done prior to graduation.
 Thus we have done over 200 releases over 10 years.   That includes the Fediz and DOSGi releases,
but it’s still an incredible number.   20 releases a year.   That’s a great job in pushing
new features out AND supporting our users.

* According to GitHub, we have had contributions from 90 people.  That doesn’t include the
patches attached to JIRA’s that were applied by committers.   Still, a very good number.

* Speaking of JIRA, we have closed/resolved over 95% of the 7900 issues filed.   That’s
impressive and once again shows how well we support our users.

Anyway, it’s been an exciting 10 years.   I look forward to what the future brings for CXF!

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp