cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <>
Subject Re: Change in Checkstyles?
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2018 03:56:16 GMT

> On Jan 7, 2018, at 12:10 PM, John D. Ament <> wrote:
> I just pulled in master a bit ago and received a bunch of compilation
> failures due to changes in checkstyle.  Was there a vote or something to
> change our checkstyle rules?

Not so much a change in rules as updating them to work with the latest check style.   If you
install Eclipse today, you get the latest check style plugin.  Thus, you end up with a TON
of errors.  The updates are to get master to compile/test with the latest version of check
style which then matches what’s available in Eclipse.  That said, the new version of check
style is strict about white space around import groups.  You can either have whitespace or
not have whitespace.  There isn’t a “don’t care” option.  Thus, some code needed updating.
  I tried a bunch of options to get it as close as possible to what we had been using, but
still needed to fix a ton of things.

Daniel Kulp -
Talend Community Coder -

View raw message