cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <>
Subject Re: Implementing MicroProfile's Rest Client here at CXF?
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2017 18:06:19 GMT
+1 from me (even if not in CXF community directly)

small request if possible: can mp-config be optional? it is very
located and should be easy to use system properties - or a SPI - as a
fallback if not available right?

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn

> Hey all
> Andy (McCright) and I (as well as some others who don't contribute to CXF)
> have been working on another project, specifically around standardizing how
> Type Safe rest clients can be built within MIcroProfile.  There's two main
> aspects to this, as well as some changes potentially required for a
> presently CXF specific provider.
> - Programmatic builder API for creating the clients from a JAX-RS annotated
> interface
> - CDI injection support for interfaces
> I have most of an implementation for this working, and would like to start
> to bring it into the CXF codebase.  My thought is to bring most of it
> directly into the client module, and update some of the core logic there to
> work with MicroProfile's APIs.  There are some functional differences
> though.  One of the things we felt was important was mapping Response codes
> into Exceptions, something that CXF already had support for.  The behavior
> is a little different in that we will evaluate multiple mappers as well as
> handle any response code.
> You can read more about the API and specification at
> You can also see the base impl I've started on at
> John

View raw message