cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andriy Redko <>
Subject Re: Implementing MicroProfile's Rest Client here at CXF?
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2017 22:40:30 GMT
Hey John,

That would be an interesting feature, useful even beyond just Microprofile actually (imho)
Should we have a dedicated module for it instead of using the client one? We would
have the dependency to Microprofile REST Client SPI/API there, may be it is better
not to introduce it into the existing client module (even as an optional)?

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

JDA> Hey all

JDA> Andy (McCright) and I (as well as some others who don't contribute to CXF)
JDA> have been working on another project, specifically around standardizing how
JDA> Type Safe rest clients can be built within MIcroProfile.  There's two main
JDA> aspects to this, as well as some changes potentially required for a
JDA> presently CXF specific provider.

JDA> - Programmatic builder API for creating the clients from a JAX-RS annotated
JDA> interface
JDA> - CDI injection support for interfaces

JDA> I have most of an implementation for this working, and would like to start
JDA> to bring it into the CXF codebase.  My thought is to bring most of it
JDA> directly into the client module, and update some of the core logic there to
JDA> work with MicroProfile's APIs.  There are some functional differences
JDA> though.  One of the things we felt was important was mapping Response codes
JDA> into Exceptions, something that CXF already had support for.  The behavior
JDA> is a little different in that we will evaluate multiple mappers as well as
JDA> handle any response code.

JDA> You can read more about the API and specification at
JDA> You can also see the base impl I've started on at

JDA> John

View raw message