cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <>
Subject Remove obsolete RxJava code and keep RxJava2 only one
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2017 15:56:29 GMT

cxf-rt-rs-extension-rx ships the code for both (old) RxJava and RxJava2
code. It supports returning RxJava2 Flowable and Observable on the
server and accepting it on the client, and the same for the (old) RxJava

While even the (old) RxJava code is very new for CXF, the reality is
that RxJava has been around for a while now and with RxJava2 embracing
org.reactivestreams, it's hard to see CXF users preferring to start with
the (old) RxJava.

The other minor problem is that cxf-rt-rs-extension-rx has optional
RxJava and RxJava2 deps to be able to ship the relevant code in the same
module and splitting it into 2 modules will be too much at this point.

I suggest that unless some users confirm (I CC to the users) that they
need to use the (old) RxJava code, then we just remove it and make
things much simpler...

Thanks, Sergey

View raw message