cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Eyal Weingart <>
Subject cxf-java2wadl-plugin java2wadl questions
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2017 11:35:13 GMT

Not sure to whom i need to send my Questions so hopefully one of you can help me.

I want to use the maven plugin cxf-java2wadl-plugin in order to generate WADL from Java rest
APIs in build time but i found few issues with that:

1.      Is there a way to custom the generator class so i can apply some business code during
the build? (is it the org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.model.wadl.WadlGenerator that generates it?)

2.      When i use multiple DocTarget.RESPONSE in the rest API annotations then it generates
only the first one it finds

3.      If i define more than 1 classResourceNames in the configuration in the pom.xml then
it generates all services under 1 application.wadl file so if i want 1 WADL file per 1 rest
API class then i need to define multiple <execution> (1 execution per 1 Rest class)
- is there a nicer way of doing it?

Example of how i configured it in the pom.xml:

Thanks in advance