cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CXF 3.2?
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2017 10:02:13 GMT
Hi Romain
On 11/08/17 06:41, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
> @Sergey: java 8 or 9? - guess it was a 9 right? Anyway we - as asf - own G
> so if needed, dont hesitate to ping ;).

Java 8 as far as I know, JAX-RS 2.1 is Java 8, I've checked the source,
https://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cjavax.ws.rs

module info is shipped, I recall it was done to make it loadable by Java
9, hmm, I do not see any Java 8 specific mechanism used RuntimeDelegate.
So may that is just it, module info is shipped to help it loaded with
Java9, and we will just need the regular spec bundle for OSGI...

> Very happy to see 3.2 coming and Meecrowave would be interested to upgrade
> asap. Only "?" I have is if dependencies will not grow too much -
> atmosphere for instance - but sure we can tackle it iteratively.

SSE code is in a separate module so if you do not need it (or web socket
transport) then no Atmosphere dep will be pulled in

Sergey