cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <>
Subject Re: cxf git commit: improved Swagger description
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2017 14:07:06 GMT
Hi Dennis

The real issue here is these default values for a license. As I said it
makes it tricky to figure out if the license was set or not...

I'll just introduce an internal property to track the setLicense call
and make sure that setLicense(null) works as before in 3.1.x.

Let me do it first. After that, do we want to keep the default license
value/url in 3.2.0 ?

Cheers, Sergey

On 30/08/17 14:20, Dennis Kieselhorst wrote:
> Hi Sergey!
>> Before my update they were set to Apache values by default, thus it was
>> impossible to detect if there was a need to check the properties for the
>> default values or not.
>> Now with the code I did, if no license is needs, it should be enough to
>> set the license value only to "", no need to set the URL to null too.
>> Will it work for you if we update the code to check if the license/url
>> are empty strings then assume they are null (works with the properties
>> too, "license=") ? I've just updated the code accordingly
> Before the update it was empty, when
>        swagger2Feature.setLicense(null);
> was called.
> Now this needs to be changed to:
>        swagger2Feature.setLicense("");
> Although I like the Apache license I would not apply any default. But
> the current code works for me and this kind of change should be ok for
> 3.2.0.
> Cheers
> Dennis

View raw message