cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Juchems <mjuch...@gmail.com>
Subject Noobie wanting to help with Documentation...
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2017 15:50:00 GMT
All,

Hey all.  I'll tell you my brief story.

I work at Caterpillar and we work in the Azure cloud.  We have always used
Jersey and continued that until we ran into some problems.  Azure code uses
an outdated version of Jersey and when we had some problems we wanted to
update to Jersey 2.x.  After of several hours of fiddling I decided to try
CXF.  We now are using it and have had no problems.

I have written some docs on StackOverflow which can be seen here:
https://stackoverflow.com/documentation/cxf/topics

The main trouble I had with CXF was the documentation.  There seems to be
several pages that are not complete and, since there are several ways to do
client side CXF, they got a bit confusing.  I suggest a "2 minute tutorial"
like XStream has:  http://x-stream.github.io/tutorial.html

What do you think?

I have also written a great Logger that we have used for years (ported it
from original Jersey one).  It is in the StackOverflow documentation as
well.

mark