cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andriy Redko <drr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build and run CXF with JAVA9
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2017 11:47:33 GMT
That's awesome, it is definitely better to start early and be ready once java9 is out (or
at least finalized). Thanks!

FF> Hi Team,

FF> As the CXF 3.2 is coming soon, I just push my work to build CXF with java9 to the master(it
was on master-java9
FF> branch for a while). Although java9 isn’t final yet and still change, I think for
CXF 3.2 we have initial java9 ea version support should be good.

FF> So far all tests passed except
FF> CodeFirstTest#testCXF1510 (tracked by CXF-7215)
FF> and new module cdi-owb which is introduced after I fork and work on master-java9(tracked
by CXF-7216)

FF> And this change introduce Karaf SNAPSHOT dependency to enable run OSGi related tests
in Karaf
FF>                 <cxf.karaf.version>4.1.0-SNAPSHOT</cxf.karaf.version>
FF>                 <cxf.pax.exam.version>4.10.0-SNAPSHOT</cxf.pax.exam.version>
FF> in java9 profile only, as karaf 4.1 will be out soon(few week) I think this won’t
block CXF 3.2 release.

FF> Also Java9 is still moving so we will expect to see some other broken before java9
final, and I will keep an eye on it. Btw, I test and build with java build 9-ea+149.