cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject build and run CXF with JAVA9
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2017 08:20:32 GMT
Hi Team,

As the CXF 3.2 is coming soon, I just push my work to build CXF with java9 to the master(it
was on master-java9 branch for a while). Although java9 isn’t final yet and still change,
I think for CXF 3.2 we have initial java9 ea version support should be good.

So far all tests passed except
CodeFirstTest#testCXF1510 (tracked by CXF-7215)
and new module cdi-owb which is introduced after I fork and work on master-java9(tracked by
CXF-7216)

And this change introduce Karaf SNAPSHOT dependency to enable run OSGi related tests in Karaf
                <cxf.karaf.version>4.1.0-SNAPSHOT</cxf.karaf.version>
                <cxf.pax.exam.version>4.10.0-SNAPSHOT</cxf.pax.exam.version>
in java9 profile only, as karaf 4.1 will be out soon(few week) I think this won’t block
CXF 3.2 release.

Also Java9 is still moving so we will expect to see some other broken before java9 final,
and I will keep an eye on it. Btw, I test and build with java build 9-ea+149.

Best Wishes
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat