cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: cxf git commit: [CXF-7164] Support tracing using Zipkin Brave
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2016 18:29:51 GMT
Would be great if we could work together on this. I saw that you were part
of the brave-cxf development.
Maybe you could start with the actual tracing in cxf.
For me another important part is the brave OSGi integration and CXF-DOSGi
integration. So I could start with that.

I am not sure where to put the brave OSGi part as it is not really related
to CXF but an important prerequisite to get it working in OSGi.
Maybe this can go to brave itself. I am thinking about a config driven
Brave OSGi service. So you simply need to create a config and get a working
service. The CXF tracing could then simply inject the Brave service instead
of taking care of the Brave setup directly.

Christian

> I think it is very good idea to integrate brave-cxf into CXF. Christian, do
> you have enough time to work on that? I think I could help you out with
> that, I have reviewed brave-cxf PRs awhile back. Thanks.
>
> On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 5:00 AM, Christian Schneider <
> chris@die-schneider.net
> > wrote:
>
> > I just talked to Adrian Cole. He prefers to have the brave cxf
> integration
> > in cxf instead of brave. So we can go ahead and improve the module in cxf
> > and he will deprecate the
> > brave-cxf module in brave once ours is good enough to cover all cases.
> >
> > Christian
> >
> > On 07.12.2016 11:46, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Christian
> >>
> >> May be you can contribute your CXF Brave Feature code to the Brave CXF 3
> >> module (the docs show the interceptors are registered directly) ?
> Otherwise
> >> Brave and CXF own Brave interceptors will start competing for who has
> the
> >> latest code :-)
> >>
> >> CXF HTrace is quite advanced thanks to the work Andriy did. But I
> believe
> >> your reservation about it was that HTrace was not working well in OSGI.
> >>
> >> But if CXF RS/WS services are running in Spring Boot or other non-OSGI
> >> containers then what we have with HTrace is good. We'd like to consider
> >> enhancing it a bit:
> >>
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-7129
> >>
> >> so that the hTrac-ing can be optionally implicit.
> >>
> >> Cheers, Sergey
> >>

> > --
> > Christian Schneider
> > http://www.liquid-reality.de