cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cxf git commit: [CXF-7164] Support tracing using Zipkin Brave
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2016 08:13:25 GMT

> The new logging support in rt/features/logging already creates exchange id
> and message id. It also allows to send the message id over the wire.
> I have already fed the data into elastic search. There I was able to
> correlate request to reply and request sent out from the client to request
> received on the server.
>
> Would that already work?
>
> See http://cxf.apache.org/docs/message-logging.html

It is closer to zipkin I think. The point of the previous solution is to
"pre-stack" (pre-compute) the data to have an immediate reading of it vs
requiring to rely on an aggregator to exploit it. It is generally added to
the access log and allows to associate immediately a request to its origin
(if you start getting a bunch of 500 or 401 and have a pipeline of > 3 hops
it makes the diagnostic very efficient compared to going to your aggregator
in general). Makes sense?