cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject CXF 3.2 support jetty9 only (drop jetty8 support)
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2016 03:45:57 GMT
Hi Team,

We have several issues(like CXF-7160 and CXF-7179) recently which is caused by Jetty9 &
Jetty8 API imcompatible, though we should be able to handle this by reflection on CXF 3.1.x,
 for the coming CXF 3.2 how about we support Jetty9(drop Jetty8 support)  only? This can relieve
some burden supporting both Jetty8 & Jetty9 in CXF http-jetty transport.

A couple of more reasons CXF 3.2 should support Jetty 9 only
1. Jetty8 was EOL at end of 2014 and no further work on jetty 8
2. benchmark showed Jetty9 is 30% faster than Jetty8 on server side due to the big changes
in IO layers
3. Jetty community strongly suggest to use Jetty9
4. pax-web support Jetty9 for a long time, so align the jetty version seems more reasonable.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.