cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Introducing Microbule...
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2016 14:19:16 GMT
Hi James

While I certainly support the idea of having a given framework offering
an option for the users to have a 100% portable code, which is a
foundation, I also think SpringBoot (I refer to it simply because it was
already referred on this thread already :-)) shows why it has become so
popular - the last thing they care about is being on some standard line
but what they care about is offer the features which will be important
for their users and their users are rewarding them back.

I've been trying to follow the same path in CXF JAX-RS - offer a solid
foundation for people to do 100% portable code, but do try as hard as I
can add some extensions - slow at times I guess. I'm def not alone in
this approach if we refer to Jersey, RestEasy. I encourage you to do the
same with Microbule. Sorry if it sounds a bit controversial, hopefully
not too much :-)

Cheers, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin