cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Becoming a committer?
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 15:05:09 GMT
Hi Andi

Please be assured your contributions have been noticed.

FYI, it usually takes longer to become a CXF committer, as far as I'm
aware it has taken awhile for all the contributors who joined the team
in the last few years to become the committers, including some of your
colleagues. I think it took me a while to become the one too :-) and it
does not depend if the candidates for ex work for the same company as me
(or other PMC member) or not...

Some contributors take on major projects, some do various fixes, but I
believe CXF PMC is always being recognizing contributors who have been
helping CXF.

As far as JAX-RS 2.1 is concerned the initial draft has been mostly
implemented (SSE Server, Rx Client API - some improvements might need to
go there), and Andriy Redko is investigating the initial NIO
implementation. I guess we will see more requirements in 2017.

Other than that - have a look please at other CXF JAX-RS or non JAX-RS
issues whenever you get a chance, if you have some opinion on whatever
issues the users are raising, consider contributing, etc.

IMHO you are a quality contributor - so I'm looking forward to you
becoming a CXF committer.

Thanks, Sergey