cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Upgrading Servlet API version to 3.1
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 12:54:14 GMT
Hi

I've started preparing CXF 3.2.0-SNAPSHOT only to move Servlet API 3.1
[1]. In CXF 3.2.0 we'll most likely need it to support JAX-RS 2.1 NIO
features and perhaps the JAX-WS frontend can be enhanced accordingly.
It may also help us with improving the CXF web socket transport.

We've been using geronimo servlet artifacts, but no geronimo servlet 3.1
artifact exists and I've noticed Karaf 4 has been updated to use

javax.servlet/javax.servlet-api/3.1.0

Thus I'm also updating the master code to use this artifact - any
concerns - let me know please.

(The only exception is a netty server module - apparently this one still
needs Servlet 2.5).

Cheers, Sergey

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-7077