cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Bernhardt <jbernha...@talend.com>
Subject AW: ActAs implementation from the STS
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2016 07:50:12 GMT
Hi CXF developers,

I was looking at the Test Cases for the STS ActAs support (org.apache.cxf.sts.token.provider.SAMLProviderActAsTest).
However, they confused me a bit, because in all cases the NameIdentifier ends up being the
same as the ActAs attribute Statement.
If both have the same value, what would be the added value to the attribute Statement?
If I understand the specification correctly ActAs should provide both information, the principal
to "act as" as well as the principle acting as the other user.

So does that mean our Test-Cases do not cover this aspect or is our implementation wrong?
What should be the expected outcome?

Best regards
Jan