cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing some old modules in 3.2.0-SNAPSHOT
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2016 16:53:22 GMT
Hi, Thanks, I guess this method was used in early ServiceMix (or even
pre ServiceMix) ... May be it should be kept. But as I noted we'd
readily put anything that may be required later on so, I'll keep in the
list for now, as no -1 has been received on dropping it yet.

Thanks, Sergey

On 02/09/16 22:16, David Jencks wrote:
> no idea what the integration/jca module might do but… jca (java connector architecture)
is the spec way of installing things like JMS providers, SAP connector, CICS connector and
other “enterprise integration” products.  If there’s a way to use JMS as a transport
this might be involved.

> david jencks
>
>> On Sep 2, 2016, at 1:41 PM, Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Updated list (it may be a bit noisy but it will settle down...)
>>
>> 1. rt/management-web
>>
>> I was the one who added it, it was based on a GSOC project and I do think it is a
unique project (users can see logging events in Atom readers), Aki did some good work around
it a couple of years back, but I haven't seen any user actually asking questions or trying
to use it.
>> Thus it should go. I'll be the 1st one who will put it back if someone will want
to push it further.

>> 2. maven-plugin/archetypes: Maven JAXWS and JAXRS prototypes. Can they be really
useful to anyone ? May be we can drop them and put back if needed.

>> 3. integration/jca - I don't even remember what JCA means . I vaguely recall it was
some old container spec ?

>> 4. rt/bindings/object
>>
>> I think I recall Dan explaining awhile back it is a more advanced version of coloc
but I don't think it has ever been used by CXF users ?

>> 5. rt/databindings/jibx
>>   I believe JIBX has not been maintained for many years now, if yes then lets let
it go

>> 6. systests/jibx
>>
>> 7. rt/databindings/sdo
>>
>>   I know it was added on request from one of our previous employers, which was awhile
back. Not sure if we need to keep it though

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/