cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] - Release Apache CXF DOSGi 2.0.0
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2016 16:30:26 GMT
+1

Dan

> On Sep 14, 2016, at 10:16 AM, Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:
>
> This is a vote to release Apache CXF DOSGi 2.0.0.
>
> The main change in this version is to split the SOAP support from the REST support. So
it is now possible to only install SOAP support or only REST support. The multi bundle distro
still contains both variants but the karaf features are now separate.

> As a new distro style we now offer a repository pom with the bundle dependencies which
is suitable to create a bndtools index from it. So it is very easy to use CXF-DOSGi in bndtools.
There is also such a repository pom for the samples that contains everything needed to run
the samples from bndtools. The first example that uses this is the soap example. It contains
a soap.bndrun file that can be directly started and debugged from eclipse. This pom based
repo might be a replacement for the current multi bundle distro as it is much smaller and
more flexible.

> The bndtools based assembly uses the resolver to create a minimal set of bundles for
the sample. For SOAP and REST together I was able to make this as small as 9 MB. For pure
SOAP it is just 7.7 MB.

> Another big change is that the examples are now based on a slightly changed TaskList
service which is easier to understand that the previous Greeter example. The examples now
have karaf features to make it easy to test them in karaf.

> Apart from these major changes I looked through the open issues and marked a lot of them
as fixed as they should be solved in the new code. Please give feedback if anything is not
yet solved.

> I have not yet changed the wiki documentation to reflect the new code. As it would be
difficult to have the old and new documentation side by side in the wiki I did most of the
documentation in the code using github markdown syntax. This allows to have the documentation
closer to the code and also will allow to look into the documentation of previous releases.
> I plan to point to the gihub docs from the wiki and keep the old wiki contents as documentation
of the 1.x releases.

> You can find the new documentation here:
>
> https://github.com/apache/cxf-dosgi
>
> If you want to try the new code I recommend to follow the installation instructions of
the examples:

> https://github.com/apache/cxf-dosgi/tree/master/samples
>
> Btw. as usual .. until the release is pushed to maven central you will have to add the
maven repo listed below to your karaf instance.

> Release Notes - CXF Distributed OSGi - Version 2.0.0
>

> ** Bug
>    * [DOSGI-19] - Discovery Software doesn't notice changed Service Properties.
>    * [DOSGI-22] - It would benefit the RFC 119 TCK if multiple instances of DOSGi could
be run in a single OSGi container.
>    * [DOSGI-52] - -Dorg.apache.cxf.spring.validation.mode=VALIDATION_NONE doesn't have
an effect
>    * [DOSGI-73] - OSGi Declarative Service-based consumer does not register proxy service
on demand
>    * [DOSGI-108] - service.exported.interfaces doesn't support comma-seperated String
value
>    * [DOSGI-124] - ReceiveTimeout not configurable while using cxf-rest service in OSGI
>    * [DOSGI-159] - Endpoint description contains wrong org.apache.cxf.ws.address when
using HTTPService style
>    * [DOSGI-171] - service objects are never released (using ungetService)
>    * [DOSGI-185] - Restarting of Jetty/PaxWeb makes exported services unavailable
>    * [DOSGI-186] - documentation incorrect
>    * [DOSGI-187] - service configuration for service-namespace, service-name and service-port
only take affect if wsdl-location is also configured
>    * [DOSGI-196] - Greeter demo does not work in standalone Felix
>    * [DOSGI-199] - NoSuchMethodError in tests (Jetty version mismatch)
>    * [DOSGI-209] - when bundles registers two WS with different SoapBinding Style Document/RPC
then one of the STYLE is not as expected

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org <mailto:dkulp@apache.org> - http://dankulp.com/blog <http://dankulp.com/blog>