cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing some old modules in 3.2.0-SNAPSHOT
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2016 01:55:52 GMT
Hi Sergey,

I think we still need keep the services/wsn, WS-N is one of WS-* specification and AFAIK users
still use it.

Thanks!
-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat

> On Sep 3, 2016, at 4:41 AM, Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Updated list (it may be a bit noisy but it will settle down...)
>
> 1. rt/management-web
>
> I was the one who added it, it was based on a GSOC project and I do think it is a unique
project (users can see logging events in Atom readers), Aki did some good work around it a
couple of years back, but I haven't seen any user actually asking questions or trying to use
it.
> Thus it should go. I'll be the 1st one who will put it back if someone will want to push
it further.

> 2. maven-plugin/archetypes: Maven JAXWS and JAXRS prototypes. Can they be really useful
to anyone ? May be we can drop them and put back if needed.

> 3. integration/jca - I don't even remember what JCA means . I vaguely recall it was some
old container spec ?

> 4. rt/bindings/object
>
> I think I recall Dan explaining awhile back it is a more advanced version of coloc but
I don't think it has ever been used by CXF users ?

> 5. rt/databindings/jibx
>   I believe JIBX has not been maintained for many years now, if yes then lets let it
go

> 6. systests/jibx
>
> 7. rt/databindings/sdo
>
>   I know it was added on request from one of our previous employers, which was awhile
back. Not sure if we need to keep it though