cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing some old modules in 3.2.0-SNAPSHOT
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 20:41:55 GMT
Updated list (it may be a bit noisy but it will settle down...)

1. rt/management-web

I was the one who added it, it was based on a GSOC project and I do
think it is a unique project (users can see logging events in Atom
readers), Aki did some good work around it a couple of years back, but I
haven't seen any user actually asking questions or trying to use it.
Thus it should go. I'll be the 1st one who will put it back if someone
will want to push it further.

2. maven-plugin/archetypes: Maven JAXWS and JAXRS prototypes. Can they
be really useful to anyone ? May be we can drop them and put back if needed.

3. integration/jca - I don't even remember what JCA means . I vaguely
recall it was some old container spec ?

4. rt/bindings/object

I think I recall Dan explaining awhile back it is a more advanced
version of coloc but I don't think it has ever been used by CXF users ?

5. rt/databindings/jibx
    I believe JIBX has not been maintained for many years now, if yes
then lets let it go

6. systests/jibx

7. rt/databindings/sdo

    I know it was added on request from one of our previous employers,
which was awhile back. Not sure if we need to keep it though

8. rt/databindings/xmlbeans

    Not sure if it is still needed. Looks like SOAP users do JAXB,
occasionally - Aegis

9. services/wsn ?