cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Move spring and blueprint support out of cxf-core
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2016 12:03:42 GMT
IMHO the most important thing is to preserve the CXF stability.

FYI, CommomUtil helpers which can use Spring are heavily used - some of
them in JAX-WS and a lot in JAX-RS.

For example, JAX-RS SpringBoot starter does depend a lot on the
ClassScanner Spring, and JAX-RS runtime depends in various places on
ClassHelper to help with dealing with Spring proxified beans. The code
which refers to these helpers can not afford to start referring to
Spring variants because of course not all CXF users are Spring users.

One needs to be aware that Spring (and now SpringBoot) is very much a
major platform for many CXF users.

Personally I'd like see a very clear and concrete plan first:
- How to preserve the runtime code portability which depends on
CommonUtil helpers such that it works as before in/out of Spring
- How to keep CXF Spring user code which depends on Spring Namespace
support (starting from cxf:bus and then for all other modules) operating.

Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders