cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Move spring and blueprint support out of cxf-core
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2016 12:49:42 GMT
FYI CXF core does also provide a Spring namespace.

As for a would be CXF 4.0 dropping Spring namespace completely - I think
we should not go there. Dropping it without really knowing much about
what users do will be a problem. Ex, FYI, few weeks back a CXF JAX-RS
SpringBoot user explained how they import many CXF Spring NS resources
into SpringBoot - which is course can be seen as an annotation-only
preferred runtime.

I hear people saying 'WEB developers moved to JSON - no one needs XML',
with similar lines for SOAP and indeed OSGI. CXF needs to support
various combinations well, especially in cases where these combinations
are already in the production. Lots of CXF users with different
requirements are around.

I'm sorry, not really sure what to discuss before a plan is presented.

Thanks, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders