cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject CDI testing module
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 00:35:51 GMT
Hi,

Long time user, first time contributor to CXF.  Though I'm no stranger to
the ASF by any long shot.

I was looking at putting in some fixes for issues I reported.  First one
was a non-problem.  However, when trying to figure out how to add tests to
ensure that empty application class applications work fine (CXF-6986), I
realized that the current testing structure in systest wouldn't work.

https://github.com/apache/cxf/blob/master/systests/cdi/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/jaxrs/cdi/AbstractCDITest.java

It looks like this test code is doing a few odd things.  First, its
assuming that Weld is the only testable container.  The ASF actually hosts
the other CDI impl, OpenWebBeans.  Second, its always doing classpath
scanning.  This strategy would mean I need a separate module to test my
feature, which is a little odd.

I was wondering if there was any interest in converting this to an
arquillian based test?  The test code could be platform inspecific,
allowing tests to be created for both CDI impls, improving compatibility.

WDYT?
in case it helps understand the problem, my proposed changes can be seen
here: https://github.com/apache/cxf/pull/150

- John