cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CDI testing module
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 01:46:57 GMT
Hi Andriy,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 9:28 PM Andriy Redko <drreta@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Thanks a lot for your fixes, much appreciated and of great value for CDI
> users. To answer a couple of your questions / concerns.
>

> *JDA> First, its assuming that Weld is the only testable container. *This
> is very true. The reason for that is Weld was the only one implementing
> CDI 1.2 at the moment the CXF/CDI integration was done. OpenWebBeans were
> behind but there is no obstacles or objects to have a test suite(s) against
> it as well, it's been a while OpenWebBeans implements 1.2.

I just realized that the CDI integration has been around for all of the 3.x
line.  I only found out about it in the last couple of weeks.

With that said, I'd like to try to put together a test suite.  I'll send it
over when ready.  If you guys like it, its yours.

I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-6988

> *JDA> Second, its always doing classpath scanning.   *This is also true,
> as there was an intention to test exactly the way it is
> going to be used. The suite also tests against Tomcat and Jetty, embedded
> and
> WAR based deployments. With that being said, if Arquillian allows to
> simplify
> the test structure while opening more opportuties to test different
> scenarios
> (including the ones we already have), it would be great in my opinion.

Sounds good.  Some of the things I'd like to make sure are proved out:

- Testing both Weld and OWB
- Running different parts of the test per deployment.
- Ensuring the various tests with Jetty/Jetty Embedded/Tomcat