cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Introduction
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 15:48:15 GMT
Hi Andy

Welcome, thanks for the introductions, some comments below
On 17/08/16 15:56, Andy McCright wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Andy McCright and I'll be taking
> over Iris Deng's role as IBM's advocate for CXF and JAX-RS.

Please pass our thanks to Iris, who is still a CXF committer :-)

> I'm planning
> to join the JSR 370 expert group as well.

Will be good, the group does need new people joining, we already have
Alessio Soldano representing our friends from RedHat (RestEasy) there
joining recently too.

> My background has been mainly in WebSphere development.  I've worked on few
> different areas including the kernel/bootstrap/OSGi implementation, the
> classloading mechanism, trace and logging, the EJB container, etc.  I've
> taken over the JAX-RS role due to some recent reorganizations.
>
> So far, my only involvement with CXF has been internal to IBM.  We've been
> tweaking a few things in our WebSphere Liberty implementation.  Our main
> concern lately has been in the area of performance.  We've seen about a 20%
> degradation of performance when taking a very simple JAX-RS 1.1-compliant
> app (running with the Apache Wink implementation) and running it on CXF
> 3.0.3 - using Liberty's jaxrs-2.0 feature.  I know this is not an
> "apples-to-apples" comparison, and I suspect that much of the difference is
> time spent on function specific to JAX-RS 2.0.  That said, we have also
> seen another ~10% drop in performance from 3.0.3 to 3.0.9.
>
> I am hoping to contribute some performance fixes to the community in the
> near future.  I am still pretty new to this code base, so I'll be asking
> for some help with code reviews and suggestions, etc.

Sure, please do. FYI, in CXF 3.1.7 we have JAX-RS
MessageBodyReader/Writer cache supported something that Neal Hu and
myself worked upon. MediaType cache has also been implemented earlier
(with thanks to Alessio).
I believe one of your colleagues opened an issue earlier related to a
CXF Bus synchronization issue and said they'd evaluate a fix.

> Looking forward to working with you,

Looking forward to working with you too

Sergey